Friday, August 21, 2009

Healthcare Nazis

We all know that I became a conservative once Obama came to power because I couldn't deal with being on the winning team. But I must say to my fellow conservatives, this whole "if you advocate healthcare reform you're a Nazi" thing makes me uncomfortable.

Let's say the proposed bill actually does call for the infamous death panels (keep in mind, you'd have to be a fucking moron to interpret the bill this way). Let's say that the government was really going to kill your grandmother if she so much as sneezed. That still doesn't make it a Nazi policy. The Nazis did worse shit in their sleep. Perhaps some of my fellow conservatives should read a fucking book on the Nazis before they open their mouths. The Nazis also had guns; does that mean that anyone who has a gun is a Nazi?

I also don't like that we are calling various Jewish congresspersons and senators Nazis for supporting healthcare reform. If you think about it, that's unbelievably offensive. The Nazis attempted to extinguish the Jewish people; so to call a Jew who supports a public option in the healthcare system a Nazi is crossing the line a bit. The word Nazi might be a punchline to you, but it has real meaning for Jews. Practice some empathy before casually screaming shit. I mean, what's next? If Charlie Rangel supports a clean air act, are we going to accuse him of slavery? It's interesting that the accusations of nazism have come from white goyim who have never experienced a moment of persecution in their lives.

I have to be honest, I feel pretty uncomfortable even pretending to be associated with conservatives after this. Plus, I feel sufficiently persecuted to jump ship.

No comments: