|2||Kim Jong-un||North Korea||2|
|4||Jacinda Ardern||New Zealand||8|
|5||Leo Varadkar||Ireland||Not Ranked|
|7||Sauli Niinisto||Finland||Not Ranked|
|8||Lars Lokke Rasmussen||Denmark||7|
|9||Mokgweetsi Masisi||Botswana||Not Ranked|
|10||Donald Trump||United States||Not Ranked|
1. Xi and China continue to replace American influence as the latter's foreign policy becomes increasingly insular and erratic.
2. In his recent summit with U.S. President Donald Trump, Kim again came away looking like the proper statesman. Trump later eased some sanctions on North Korea. It's quite the feat to make the homicidal Kim look dignified.
3. The true winner of the Mueller Report was Vladimir Putin. He influenced an American election and suffered virtually no consequences. His influence over Trump contnues to leave Americans to scratch their proverbial heads.
4. Ardern showed how a real leader is supposed to act int he face of tragedy. She stood with the victims and stood up to the murderer.
5. Varadkar didn't do what most world leaders do when in meeting with other world leader with whom they may disagree. Varadkar, who is gay, recently met with U.S. Vice President Mike Pence, who is anti-gay, and delivered a pointed message about tolerance to the bigoted veep without being rude.
6. Ahmed continues to reform his country economically and politically. There is talk among pundits that Ethiopia could be Africa's new powerhouse if Abiy's reforms are allowed to take hold.
7. Niinisto heads the happiest country in the world. His citizens don't really agree, but that's only because they don't realize how depressed everyone else is.
8. Rasmussen not only leads one of the least corrupt countries in the world, but also one of the happiest. This despite depressingly cold and dark winters.
9. Masisi has broken with his mentor, Ian Khama, the son of Botswana's founding father. Masisi had been Khama's chosen successor. A little dissension within the ranks never hurt no one as long as it's int he best interest of the country.
10. Trump reenters the list because the Mueller Report turned out to be the best thing that has happened during his presidency. Not a great sign when the best part of your reign is that you didn't corrupt the the American government by conspiring to steal the presidential election with the aid of an adversary. And the report didn't draw a conclusion on the president obstructing justice. Trump's gloating shows how hard wins have come by since he took office. But it looks like he'll stay in charge longer than Theresa May in Great Britain and who would've though that a few months ago.