Monday, April 20, 2009

Disappointment in My People

One of my previous decrees has caused an unmitigated disaster. Even though my administration is infallible, we occasionally make mistakes. I had too much faith in my people. Sometimes we leaders think so highly of our subjects that we expect too much of them. Apparently, my decrees that
  1. The names of all of our wonderful cities in this great land will now be named after me and
  2. The streets, every one of them, in each of our wonderful cities, will now be named after me
have caused chaos in our land. You people have become very confused and it has cost our nation's economy an untold amount of money due to the resulting inefficiency. I thought you could handle the changes like the fantastic people that you are. You couldn't. As the leader, I accept full responsibility for your inadequacy.

Today's decrees
The decree that the names of all of our wonderful cities in this great land will now be named after me is now and forever repealed.

The decree that the streets, every one of them, in each of our wonderful cities, will now be named after me is now and forever repealed.

People with more than one first name will have to choose between losing one of their first names or one of their limbs.

No comments: