Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Condemnation Station

Organizations such as AIPAC and AJC are quick to condemn suicide bombings within Israel, but they fall strangely silent when it comes to condemning the Israeli military's use of deadly force. I condemn all violence as tragic and fundamentally counterproductive to the objective of peace.

The justification of self-defense can only hold for so long. When the cycle of violence persists, self-defense can no longer be claimed. It's as if two guys are wailing on each other for about an hour and before each punch, one guy cries out, "Hey, self-defense! Self-defense!" It doesn't fly. That being said, my horns are starting to itch, so I'm gonna get some powder and Christian baby blood. The Christian baby blood has nothing to do with my itchy horns, I'm just thirsty.

No comments: