Saturday, September 09, 2006

Maryland's Local Democratic Primaries

Montgomery County Executive-

Steven Silverman wants the purple line on the metro because it will slow growth, or so he claims on his commercial. I don't understand that at all; it makes no sense. The fact of the matter is that Silverman is in the pocket of big business, who wants to turn our county into one big city. He also wrote on one of his pamphlets "Ike Leggett, Good Guy, Bad Ideas," which I find quite insulting to myself as a voter. He's trying to go negative without it appearing as such. I'm voting for Ike Leggett because he is for slowing growth and not saying one thing while meaning another like Silverman.

County Council, District 3-

I like Phil Andrews over Bob Dorsey because he is for slowing growth in our community just as is Leggett. Also, Phil Andrews came to my house once. He didn't really allow me to ask him any questions, but he just sent a letter than was addressed only to me (not my mom or my brother, who weren't there) saying that he appreciated meeting me. That shows that he's concerned about his constituents.

House of Delegates, District 15-

Kathleen Dumais, Brian J. Feldman, and Craig L. Rice are running unopposed for the party's nod. They all seem fine. Not sure why Feldman and Rice need to go with their middle initials though.

State Senator, District 15-

The incumbent is also running unopposed. I'm writing in my mom just to show the Democratic Party that we don't need just one-person primaries. I demand real choices!


Attorney General-

I still haven't made up my mind on the Maryland attorney general's race. I really don't like either candidate. Simms seems disingenuous and Gansler doesn't sit well with me. He seems like the type of guy who owes his success to his daddy, despite his own mistakes.

No comments: