Saturday, February 03, 2018

Two Trips for Ramen

I forgot to mention an elderly lady approached the babies and me at the airport and labeled them "kahaii" aka cute.

In the morning Candace and I took the babies for a walk down route 58. We took our daily trip to Family Mart, a different one, and bought more random stuff. I got what was possibly faux pork since it was out with the pastries. I also got a cheeseburger. Convenient store cheeseburger, you'd think not so good, but it was decent.

When we went back out for ramen, turns out we went to the exact place we took oir morning walk. That meant a lot of extra walking for me. It was very windy and the temperature was in the 50s.

The ramen place had a machine to order that we couldn't figure out. Turns out a staff member had to activate it. The babies loved Tayvon's mildly spiced noodles. I enjoyed the steak that was placed on mine.

On the walk we saw Shisa statues everywhere. The are dogs that bring good luck. They often come in pairs. We also saw aa statue of Colonel Sanders outside a KFC and got a picture of him squishing my head. We passed by many well manucured Japanese gardens in the Miyogi neighborhood of Chatan. I feel more confident in my ability to navigate around Chatan.

When we got back everyone took a 3 hour nap and the adults missed dinner.

No comments: