Sunday, February 04, 2018

Adventure with the Babies

On our daily trip to Family Mart, an old man struck up a conversation with me and then forced 300 yen into my hand. He talked with others in our group and they were put off by his forwardness and his limited English.

The family went to the mall while I stayed with the babies. We had fun for a little while until they got fussy. So I changed them, hoisted them up, and walked down three flights with both of them. Their bottles hung from my pockets and I slid my drink into my back pocket.

The walk was gray and drizzly. In Okinawa, the smaller intersections don't have stop signs, they have mirrors. Supposedly the car from the smaller road has to yield. But what if both roads are similar sizes?

We made it to American Village and I found a bookstore in the mall. The English selection was disappointing. Mostly books aboit samurai and ninjas. I was trying to figure out wha  to buy when Abie kept throwing the mall floor plan on the floor and Tali threw an empty water bottle down. Then they'd both laugh as I picked then up. It really slowed down the whole book selecting process.

I stopped at Lawson's an  got some cherry, rasberry, and nuts style kit kats. When we got back to the apartment, the family jad beaten me home. They had brought back all kinds off kit kats: wasabi, green tea, some alcoholic tasting one, orange, strawberry, and the same one I had bought. They also brought an assortment of donuts.

For dinner we went out to a restaurant. The babies moetly slept in their car seats. Abie woke up a little, but Tali slept through. I had amazing shrimp tempura and fish face. The tempira as so good I ordered another one even though I was just about totally full. Now it's time to figure out how to watch the Super Bowl.

No comments: