Wednesday, July 06, 2011

A Petty Revenge

I was walking in the metro after the Nats game. A line was forming informally to go down the escalator. An older man decided he didn't want to wait and bumped me as I was stepping on the escalator. I told my friend, "I'm going to get him back." And I took off after the man.

I ran down and easily caught the man. I moved to the right and attempted to pass him, but a person was standing in front of me. I saw the man pick up his pace once I came even with him. Knowing I couldn't pass him, I ran into him and then moved over behind him. He cried out in distress, "Hey, watch it!"

I patted him on the back and retorted, "You did the same thing to me up on the top on the escalator. He began weakly, "No I didn't," and his voice trailed off as he remembered what he had done. He then fled down the escalator as fast as he's has moved in prorbably thirty years and my job was done.

I turned back to my friend with a satisfied smile. My friend did his best to act as if he had never met before.

No comments: