Wednesday, August 05, 2009

A Plea for My Country

During these times, we must tread carefully. However, there are situations that arise which force us to face the unknown. I understand the risk. My family understands the risk. But I've reached a realization that if I do not say something, the result would be worse than if I do. For the sake of my children, I must protest the direction our Dear and Fearless Leader is taking us.

We have come to near-war with the impoverished nation of Tajikistan. We are meant to believe that this fight is crucial to our national security. I have contributed to this perception and for that, I ask for forgiveness from my people. Fear erases morals. The reality is that Tajikistan poses no threat. they are a poor country, filled with people who are looking for the same lessons in life that we are. it's true, a few have committed acts of violence, but we must ask ourselves, should a country's worth of people suffer for the acts of a few?

Our nation is facing tough times. This war, if it happens, won't help anything. I must profess my utmost respect for the Savior of the People, but, asking for his merciful kindness, I believe it is my duty to publish my opinion as to the war.

Bradley Benny Op-Ed Writer

No comments: