Monday, May 11, 2009

Terrible Things Kids Said to Me

You can take it for what it's worth, but I give you my word these are true. Most comments were seemingly out of nowhere.

9 year old: "You'll never get married. You're too short and not handsome enough."

9 year old: "You got an even uglier haircut."

5 year old: "You look like a monkey. A goofy monkey."

8 year old: "Hello, almost-grown up."

6 year old: "How old are you?"
me: "Guess."
6 year old: "100?"

11 year old: "How old are you?"
me: "Guess?"
11 year old: "14?"

12 year old: "You should shave your beard and style your hair to look like Wolverine. The girls will like it."

6 year old: "Oh yeah. You're not American, you're Jewish." [It begins already?]

9 year old: "You're Jewish? I'm gonna tell Hitler to come get you."
me: "I'm gonna tell Hitler to come get you!"
9 year old: "Nuh uh, I'm Asian."
me: "Hitler didn't like Asians."
9 year old: "Oh yeah. He only liked German people." [That's what I like to call a "teaching opportunity"]

sign from a 12 year old found on my computer: "UR THE MEANEST TEACHER EVER!! =(" [At least that one was an April Fools Day joke]

No comments: