Sunday, May 10, 2009

Jewish Children's Books Series #2

Mommy, Why Did the Teacher Threaten to Fail Me if I Didn't Come to Class on Yom Kippur to Take the Test?
A HarazQuack Publication

"Because, Shlomo," said Mamala, "your teacher's an anti-Semite."
"What's an anti-Semite?"
"It's someone who hates Jews or doesn't know about us," according to Mamala.
"Oh, that makes sense because the teacher was very rude to me when I told her that I wouldn't be coming to class for the test because it was Yom Kippur. The school said she wasn't even supposed to give a test on Yom Kippur because it's not fair. And I asked her if she had many Jewish students before and she said, 'No'."
"Well Shlomo, I'm glad you spoke up. There are lots of people like your teacher. You have to be patient with them but firm."
"When I grow up, I'm going to be a teacher and give a test on Christmas and fail all of the gentile kids who don't come to class!"
"No, Shlomo!" Mamala scolded. "You have to be better than them."
"Ok, Mamala. I'm sorry."

No comments: