Monday, April 13, 2009

After Me

I understand that some things have changed in your life since I took over the country. My hope is that your life is better than it was before. But, I understand that this is an adjustment. Also, I'm new at this. We're still ironing out the kinks (literally- take that vice district), so stay with me and we'll make this a great nation together.

You might have taken a stab at what the title of this post means. I'm not making contingency plans should I pass on. Are you crazy? I don't even want you to dream of what life will be like without me as your leader. Oh, the horror!

Today's decrees
The names of all of our wonderful cities in this great land will now be named after me.

The streets, every one of them, in each of our wonderful cities, will now be named after me.

But the best part of it, since every fourth baby is already named after me, in reality, our cities and streets will be named after you, the beautiful people of this great land. Or at least a fourth of you anyway.

1 comment:

John said...

Have you seriously considered the effect of alienating people who play with pain and torture like most people collect stamps?