Thursday, June 28, 2007

2007 NBA Draft Preview

The biggest suspense is whether or not the Charlotte Bobcats pick Joakim Noah. If they pick Noah, my brother will no longer be a Bobcats fan, because of his extreme hatred for the former Gator.

I think Corey Brewer will be a stud in the NBA. He could be a great sidekick on a contending team in a few years. At the very least he'll be better than Corey Brewer, the former Oklahoma Sooner picked 51st in the 1998 draft.

It's been said many times, but this will be a very good draft. There will probably another Tayshaun Prince picked late in the first round and a high number of second round contributors. And of course, the front of the draft is very strong. I don't think there are 10 franchise players, but a number of guys who will be good ball players when it's all said and done. That's better than most years.

I have confidence that the Knicks will get someone good. Cook from Ohio State is high on my list. I also saw Green from Florida, most people think that would be a reach, but i would like that pick. I don't like Byars from Vandy. I didn't see Almond from Rice or Chandler from DePaul play, but they might be good picks too.

No comments: