Monday, May 28, 2007

Still Sick

Being on the internet last night took a lot out of me. I had trouble sleeping because of the tremendous noise outside of my wondow. I learned that I'd rather have a guy hocking luggies right outside than a constantly chirping cricket right outside.

Today, I threw up all the medicine I had taken. I don't think any of the medicine helped and I was glad to throw up because it settled my stomach. I'm very cloudy headed, but that's from not eating because of my upset stomach. Now I think I'll be able to eat. And hopefully there won't be any crickets outside the room tonight.

I've found especially in Mysore, there's a lot of bullshit. It's easier not to have to put up with it when you're sick. I've found a few places that sell bottled water, but it's not sealed, so really it's just tap water put in a bottle. I managed to drag myself up to buy water and asked the guy if it was sealed. He had a huge evil smile and said yes. The cap wasn't even on tight. I twisted it off and said, "No, it's not sealed," and walked off.

I know that this sickness is a test. It's a test of my maturity and my abilkity to take care of myself. It's a test of being very weak in a foreign country, half a world away from friends and family, and yet pulling through.

No comments: