Thursday, May 24, 2007

Another Day in Bangalore

The graduation ceremony for my master's degree has come and gone. Obviously, I didn't go to the ceremony (I'm in India). I didn't go because I was scared they might ask for my diploma back.

So much happens that it's impossible to post everything. In the two weeks since being in India, the threshold of what shocks me has changed. Now it's like, "Oh, a monkey just shit in my mouth, oh well, nothing to write home about." In Hampi there were quite a few beggars who had monkeys on their shoulders and would walk up to foreigners and stick their hands out. Why should I give this guy money, just because he's got a monkey on his shoulder? I thought about grabbing my groin and screaming, "I got your monkey right here!"

While walking through the ruins in Hampi, the 110 degree heat got to me. I started singing that Flea Market Commercial song. So, while wondering through ancient 600 year old temples, I was singing, "It's just like, it's just like a mini mall."

In Bangalore, it rained yesterday. Luckily, I was inside watching a replay of Game 2 of the Spurs-Jazz series. At night, after the rain, it was much cooler but very sticky. Regardless of the conditions, it's quite a feat just to cross the road. Why did the chicken cross the road? Because he wasn't in Bangalore. Sorry, that sucked. I just came up with that right on the spot. Now I'm gonna spend all day obsessing over posting that bad joke.

There are tons of military facilities in the immediate area. It makes sense considering there is Infantry Road, Brigade Road, and Mahatma Gandhi Road... wait, what? Hmm, perhaps sticking military facilities on and around Gandhi Road is a huge fucking insult to his legacy, assholes.

8 comments:

master said...

visit iskcon temple in Bangalore

Swati Sengupta said...

I'm so sorry to know that u r not well :(
u could have helped u (as much possible) if i was at bangalore...
and thats too without asking money... :P lol...
any plan to visit kolkata?
all the best for rest of ur trip :)

Swati Sengupta said...

I Could have helped *

knibilnats said...

thanks swati. unfortunately i won't be able to make it all the way up there this time.

AnonymousBlogger said...

There are two things that would prevent me from traveling to Inida, I think.

The first is the heat and humidity. I'm not used to it.

Second would be people always asking for money. I'd get so damn pissed off after a while, it would just ruin my whole trip.

Swati Sengupta said...

Welcome David... i can understand... kolkata is really far... how long u will be here? hope u r well now :)

@ Sean... u can come here when its winter(nov, dec, jan)... its pleasant here that time... and then people asking for money... its same with us indian also... we can't even stand at bus-stop/hang out places without facing them... nothing we can do about it :(

knibilnats said...

Thanks Swati. I'm feeling better. I've been here about 2 weeks and I'll be in India for about 3 more.

Just about every Indian person who talks to me for more than 2 minutes tells me that I should've come 2 months before because the weather is so much better than it is now. But hey, it's the low season, everything's cheaper!

Swati Sengupta said...

yeah weather was better 2 months back... I donno wheather its cheaper for u or not... they will always charge u more than an indian tourist :( and i feel bad about that system... which reminds me world doesn't believe in equality...