Friday, May 25, 2007

Bangalore to Mysore

I was in Pizza Hut yesterday when a middle aged man's cell phone rang. YEEAAHH! Sure enough, his ringtone was a Lil Jon song. OKAY! I've noticed that, in addition to the waiters at Pizza Hut, Bangalore has a lot of east Asian-looking people. I wonder what is the story behind that. Ironically, I think Pizza Hut has messed up my stomach. It exacerbated my problems earlier in the week and caused a slight stomach issue last night and this morning. When you come to India, don't worry about eating the street food and drinking the water, but stay away from the Pizza Hut!

While I was waiting for my train to Mysore the biggest batch of bird shit I've ever seen fell three inches from my shoulder. It was the size of half of my shoe and was kind of deep too. My mom always tells me bird shit is lucky, but I think I was pretty lucky it didn't hit me.

Bollywood stars Amitabh Bachchan and Shah Rukh Khan are everywhere. I've seen them (on tv, billboards, and in newspapers) maybe 100 times more than Prime Minister Manmohan Singh. Maybe that's a good thing for Singh (not in scandal), but maybe it's bad (he's irrelevant).

I like Mysore better than Bangalore already. It seems like a mix between an old European city and well, India. I ate at a restaurant and was whisked upstairs. There I ate alone at my table (as usual) in a room with about 20 men. There were no women. What is this, Afghanistan? Maybe the families were all eating downstairs or something. Whatever was going on, it was weird.

No comments: