Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Passing Me By

The Washington Wizards game was televised on Comcast SportsNet, so Kerri Strug's appearance was pushed back several hours. In fact, it just ended.

Kerri Strug was intelligent, witty, and likeable. But she didn't mention my name once. All she could talk about was some sports achievement from 10 years ago. Hey, I once made a great play in little league, but you don't hear me bringing it up now (that's not true, I brag about it all the time).

The point is that Kerri Strug didn't declare her love for me on television. I guess it wasn't meant to be. Love is fleeting my friends. It's here one moment and the next you're laying on the couch in the fetal position watching a replay of the 1993 fight between George Foreman and Tommy Morrison. I think Morrison is ahead on points, but he tends to fade after the sixth round (as of 1993).

First Ann Coulter broke my heart and now Kerri Strug. I thought this was the one. But alas, love may never find my whatever it's supposed to find. Yet another luvincidence that turned out to be just a mirage. In the meantime I'll just reenact Randolph Childress' basketball career. At a summer camp, we had the choice of getting either Childress' autograph or that of Tim Duncan when he was a senior at Wake Forest. I chose Randolph Childress and I'd do it again if I could. That's the type of guy, you're missing Kerri Strug. Goodbye forever.

1 comment:

Swati Sengupta said...

Aawwch!!! It hurts to lose a lover like you.
Oh Kerri Strug! I pity u.