Wednesday, December 20, 2006

I'm Not Marshall

My brother graduated from Miami University in Oxford, Ohio. Miami's rival is Ohio University, but Ian and I have a special spot of hatred in our hearts for those fuckers at Marshall.

Now they've made a movie about Marshall and it has really fucking pissed me off. We used to yell at the opposing teams (no matter what sport or who was playing), "We're gonna kill you like Marshall's 1970 football team," or "You're going down like the plane of Marshall's football team in 1970!" Perhaps it was out of place at a Division III college basketball game between Goucher and Salisbury, but hey, it was our thing.

With the movie, We Are Marshall, our trash talk has lost all its power. It's terrible. I'm sick over it. But that's not the worst part of the movie. The worst part is that they've portrayed this plane crash as a tragedy. Can you believe that? These were awful horrible people that went to Marshall! Imagine if a plane carrying the Hutu murderers who hacked the Tutsis to bits were lauded as heroes. That's the equivalent of going to Marshall. I implore everyone to boycott this movie.


On another note I saw Rocky VI today. It's the first time I've ever seen a movie the day it came out. If you're a Rocky fan, it's a sweet end to an era. If you're not a Rocky fan, you probably won't get it. By Rocky fan, I mean if you've ever thought, "You know, it feels like I haven't seen a Rocky movie in forever," and it's only been 3 months.

No comments: