Monday, November 06, 2006

One Day More

I've already mentioned that I'm voting for Ben Cardin for senate (the Iraq isue is too important) and Gerard P. Giblin for the House in MD District 8 (to send a message to the Democratic Party, we want our troops home). I'm also voting for Martin O'Malley for governor.

Republican Governor Robert Ehrlich keeps touting his record on education over the past 4 years. I just don't see what he has to tout. The state used to help private colleges with funds. I went to Goucher College, a private school north of Baltimore, which had to get rid of all of its scholarships since Ehrlich took office. It has totally changed the culture of the school. It used to be a place with ambitious liberal arts students. In the last couple of years there was a cocaine problem, because the students have more money then they know what to do with, but nowhere near the academic drive.

I've also been a substitute teacher, teaching in those portables separated from the school. Montgomery County is supposed to be the wealthiest county in Maryland, but the public school system is littered with portables. In some cases, the same portables that I went to school in.

Ehrlich accuses O'Malley of being soft on crime, but I thought the Governor has some culpability in the safety of his state. Parts of Prince George's County, near the Montgomery County border, has continually become more dangerous, because of gentrification in SE DC. What has Ehrlich done about that? Nothing. Martin O'Malley has a better plan for each issue, more than ignoring the problem and claiming victory.


(Remember, if the Democrats win both Houses or win 1 and tie the other, I beat Pat Robertson in Game 4 of the prayoffs. Pat Robertson wins if the outcome is the opposite. If it's 1-1, the tiebreaker is the Maryland governor's race.)

2 comments:

AnonymousBlogger said...

I wish your country good luck tomorrow. You guys deserve better than you have now. The Dems may not be the answer for all of your ills, but they are a good start and will no doubt do a better job that the crew you have now.

Everyone up here will be watching closely. With our fingers crossed. We love those Democrats.

AnonymousBlogger said...

Wow, I have a lot of typing errors in my last post. I apologize.