Friday, November 03, 2006

Endorsements Of Course

I know you've been holding off on deciding who you're going to vote for until I tell you spazz. Well here are a couple of endorsements.

For Maryland's representative in congressional district 8, I support the Green Party candidate, Gerard P. Giblin. That endorsement should be what finally puts him over the 1% mark. Van Hollen's a good congressman and he'll win easily, but his Iraq policy is a little wishy-washy. He's against the war, but doesn't use the vote to fund it to gain leverage to bring the troops home. Giblin supports a multilateral, responsible, and rapid withdrawal from Iraq.

I also Ike Leggett for Montgomery County Executive. He favors slowing growth. I'm not supporting Robin Ficker for many reasons, one being that he used to scream at the opponents' bench at Bullets games. Listen, I yell a whole helluva lot at basketball games, but I cans till run for political office because I've never become famous for being an asshole and I'm not a middle aged man, so my yelling amounts to "youth indiscretions."

For state senator from district 15, I support Rob Garagiola because of his opponent Bill Askinazi's slogan "Gotta question? Ask-i-nazi!" That doesn't sit well with me.

5 comments:

AnonymousBlogger said...

I'm actually quite excited for the elections next week. It's the Democrats big chance to regain some power. If they can't do it now, I'm not sure they have much of a chance in 08 either. If they can make up some ground this round, hopefully it will make things easier for the big vote for Prez.

knibilnats said...

The one thing that concerns me if the Democrats do take the Congress, is when things remain bad in Iraq and Afghanistan, the Republicans will blame the Democrats in '08. And the idiots that the Democrats are, they won't be able to counter in time.

AnonymousBlogger said...

Very true. That is certainly a worry. But the Conservatives in power in CAN have been able to assure us that the Liberals are to blame for our troops being in Afghanistan (The Libs sent them there).

So if it all plays out correctly, I guess the Democrats will be able to convince everyone down there that the blame truly lies with Bush & Co.

But damn, Bush is great at getting out of situations like that, so who knows.

knibilnats said...

Exactly, Bush is. Nothing's really changed in Iraq since he declared "Mission Accomplished" and yet he still had support for a couple of years. Only when Hurricane Katrina happened, did the American people question his leadership on Iraq. That's the scary thing, how illogical the process is in America. But I like that new idea you Canadians invented: accountability.

AnonymousBlogger said...

Don't let my last post fool you. Yes, the country kicked the Liberals out of power, but not because of Afghanistan (it's a long story).

And now we're giving the Conservatives a free ride because they keep feeding us the "hey, we didn't send the troops there. The Liberals did".

I guess we only hold govt's accountable every so often. Certainly not enough.