Tuesday, June 06, 2006

More From the World Cup

I hope Poland beats Germany. That would make up for the Holocaust.

I really want Angola to beat Portugal- their former imperialists. I remember when Senegal beat France in the 2002 World Cup. Even for a not-very-knowledgeable soccer fan, it was hard to miss the emotion surrounding that match. That was really just great, that's the only way to describe that moment: great.

7 of the 23 Ukrainian players are named Andriy.

7 of the 23 Saudi players are named Muhammad.

My All Names team:
Razak Pimpong (Ghana) - His theme song should be KRS-One's new song "Bling Blong."
Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink (Netherlands) - "of Hesselink?" It's not the 15th century anymore.
Ludovic Assemoassa (Togo) - read "ass-e-mo-ass-a." Awesome. Plus... Ludovic?
Iniesta (Spain) - The whole one name thing seems to be an Iberian/ former Iberian colonies fad. Iniesta represents the ridiculousness of it. Especially since "Iniesta" means "huge penis" in Spanish. Maybe... I don't really speak Spanish.
Bosko Balaban (Croatia) - My favorite. BOSKO BAL-A-BAN!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey you! great, because I'm from Brugge, Belgium, where Bosko Balaban plays. He is the best that ever happened to us, and he signed up for another two years, yiehaaa!!!