Friday, May 17, 2019

Magic Poutine, a Surprise, and a Long Stroll

We got something called magic poutine from a Lebanese restaurant near the hotel. Abie, Tali, and I shared it. I couldn't believe how much Tali ate. Abie didn't want to sit still. They are very good in highchairs, but not so great in regular chairs.

I realized we were near the building in which Candace's conference was taking place, but we were too early. So we sat in Place du Canada and watched the skateboarders do tricks that I'm sure are very hard, but looked like intermediate level ones. I can't even stand on a skateboard though. Abie waved at one guy, who waved back and then felt a little foolish for doing so, but Abie appreciated it.

Candace was very surprised to see us waiting for her. We walked to tbe Notre Dame Basilica. The square had a lot of great architecture. We walked more up Notre Dame street to St Denis street. There were some cool views along the way. St. Denis street had lots of restaurants, almost none were accessible unless you wanted to eat in 57° weather.

This morning Abie, Tali and I went to a bagel place up a flight of stairs. They walked up and I carried the stroller. We got a wooden letter with our order to place on the table. I asked the babies what letter it was and the woman behind the counter said, "K!" Tali knew it. Abie usually knows K, but not this time. The woman said sometimes customers don't know the letters- because they're stylized in a fancy way. When she realized I was talking to the babies, she said, "Oh shit! Sorry!"

Tali loves cream cheese on a bagel. They ate most of their lox, but they don't like sliced tomato for some reason, only grape tomatoes. I don't like any tomatoes, so who knows. Another worker at the restaurant held the door open and carried the babies down the stairs. They liked him. Tali went right to him. Usually she's shy.

I walked a ways past the bookstore I was searching for, so the babies ate olives by an art museum for a bit until we turned around. I found the bookstore, but there were lots of French books. I disscovered the English books upstairs. The problem was I saw the elevator too late, so we left the stroller and walked up the stairs. The babies wanted to grab every book, so the bookstore wasn't fun. Tali really wanted a book called something like Morality and Ethics in Politics. It had the blandest cover too. So I didn't get to buy any books, but now I know how to go upstairs with the stroller.

No comments: