Thursday, February 14, 2019

In Curacao

The twins haven't had much pool experience and both nearly drowned to death on multiple occasions in the kiddie pool. They haven't quite figured out how to stand up after tripping in the pool.

We sauntered over to the Mambo Beach area which was extremely touristy. The faux cabanas at the man-made beach, the beach-side bars playing all the current hits like Ginuwine' s Pony, and the overpriced restaurants aren't exactly my idea of paradise, but it's what's nearby.

We're near a bunch of resorts, so there isn't a place to get cheap food or drinks close by. In the morning I walked a couple of miles to a grocery store, loaded up my backpack, and another bag, and trudged back to the hotel. The groceries' weight increased as I progressed, and the sun beat down on me.

Candace and I went to an Indian restaurant for Valentine's Day and we both enjoyed it. We walked back along the hotel's seawall and freaked out her sister by whispering "Red rum" before letting her in on the gag.

No comments: