Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Stevie Wonder Updates Iconic Song

Stevie Wonder is releasing with a new single for the first time in several years. The song is an updated version of his iconic song I Just Called to Say, I Love You. This new song is called I Just Texted To Say, Dinner at 7?.

Wonder claims he released this new song in order to bring his music to a new audience. In so doing, he hopes to tarnish his legacy and minimize the i mpact of his music by "leaving people with a bad taste in their mouths."

The Hall of Fame singer-songwriter got the idea for the new track and to destroy the acclaim that has taken him decades to accumulate "while I was eating pizza and getting high with my friends. I said, 'Wouldn't it be funny if...' and everyone agreed that it would be."


Related Link: Bill Withers has changed some of the lyrics to his version of Lean on Me to "Just BBM me brother, when you need a hand."

No comments: