Sunday, May 22, 2011

The Judgment Day that Wasn't

I knew that yesterday wasn't going to be Judgment Day. Not only because it was merely a couple of nutjobs who had predicted the end of the world. But mostly because they based their prophesy on the Bible. To me, all holy books are human interpretations of divinity. In my mind, they were not written by a divine hand.

But I did get nervous towards the end of last week. The entire week had gone well for me, one of the sure signs of the apocalypse. At one point, if things were going to continue to go well, I almost wished the world would end; I can't deal with that kind of fortune, it would make me a completely different person. Thankfully, yesterday started poorly and kept on going, which meant that I- and the world- was safe.

No comments: