Saturday, May 28, 2011

Face of Love

There was a study recently conducted that said women are less likely to be attracted to a man who is smiling. Think about that for a second.

A smile tends to represent happiness, positivity, fun, compassion. Women are not into that. The author of the study theorized that women felt smiling was too feminine. Take another second to think about that.

That might be the most illogical thing I've ever heard. What kind of psychopath would be less attracted to someone smiling? And how am I suppose to relate to a group of people who feel that way? Happiness, positivity, fun, compassion, these seem like great qualities to have in a partner, right? Apparently, not for women.

I've always given women the benefit of the doubt. Many are logical and thoughtful. I've excused their propensity for tall men, which is probably as illogical as this smiling thing (listen, tall men are wussies. Short men are tough; they've had to be. If you want someone tough who will "protect you" you should be with a short man. Trust me). But this smiling thing is too much. It just makes no sense. Plus, the worst part, I rarely smile and no one finds me attractive.

No comments: