Saturday, April 09, 2011

Gandhi on the Beltway

I was driving on 495, listening to my CD of assorted Gandhi quotes and speeches.

An ideal is one thing; living up to it is quite another. *BEEP!* Hey asshole, stay in your own lane! We may be said to have an ideal only when we put forth an effort to realize it. You nearly killed me. Fuck you! There are many causes that I am prepared to die for, but no causes that I am prepared to kill for. That's it, you're dead, you dick! Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will. Learn to drive, fucking old lady. There is not a single offense which does not directly or indirectly, affect many others besides the actual offender. I'm going to run you out of your lane. The policy of retaliation has never succeeded. That's right, run away, pussy. When a man gives way to anger, he harms himself. *Sigh.*

No comments: