Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Middle Eastern Revolutionary

I'd like to be a Middle Eastern revolutionary right now. I don't care so much about freedom or democracy; I just like yelling.

If I was in a Middle Eastern capital right now, I would be downtown, screaming my head off with all the other people trying to cast off the straps of oppression. But I would be shouting absurd and inane things. "I like Cheetos!" and "Except for the orange dust left on your fingers after you eat Cheetos!" and "They should do something about that orange dust!"

Eventually, I'd get tired of yelling nonsensical sentences during such a profound protest. So, I would offer my ability translate the demands of other screaming protestors to the cable news networks.. The only problem is I don't speak Arabic.

So, I'll just make it up. "This man is Muhammad the barber from Cairo. He says that he is very angry. He hates when people bypass a line of cars waiting to enter the highway and dive in at the front. He says, your time is not more valuable than mine. He says, if Mubarak doesn't stop this phenomenon, the streets will run red with blood."

No comments: