Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Lost in My Thoughts

I was in the middle of my run. It was 12:45am. I like to run at night because no one else is out at that hour. The full moon had a curious ring of reflected light around it.

I was lost in my own world as I continued to run. I was reminiscing about the marathons I've run. Particularly the moment when I would hit the wall and subsequently get passed by scores of old fat ladies who would invariably say, "Keep it up, you're doing great!" When those ladies passed, two words would come to mind beginning with "F" and ending with "u".

I was so involved in my thoughts that those two words escaped my lips in the form of a shout whisper. Of course, a man was running across the street in the opposite direction at that very moment. His muddled retort snatched me back into reality.

No comments: