Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Feingold Loses, Jews Sad

Russ Feingold, a pillar of progressivism in Senate, has lost his reelection bid in Wisconsin tonight. Feingold was the lone Senator to vote against the Patriot Act, a truly courageous and level-headed decision. Feingold also spearheaded campaign finance reform, a noble endeavor.

Feingold has been a hero of liberal Jews. Well, at least for me anyway, maybe no one else has heard of him. I drafted him in the 9th round with 34th overall pick in the 2006 Jew Draft. It was a pick, along with Bella Abzug, that assured my team the ability to out-legislate the other Jew teams.

This has been a sad day. That a liberal like Feingold was in the Senate always gave me pride and that he was a Jew added to that sentiment. I wish him well.

No comments: