That Benny Hill-like mishap brings to mind other hilarious terrorist bloopers:
- In his trial to determine whether or not he was the 20th hijacker on 9/11/2001, Zacarias Moussaoui blurted out that he was the 20th hijacker, a major faux pas. However, al Qaeda denied this claiming that Moussaoui was too crazy to kill himself as part of the terrorist organization's plot. Both Moussaoui and al Qaeda walked away from the episode with egg on their faces.
- Al Qaeda's violence in Iraq actually moved moderate Sunnis and Shiites closer together in the short term as both sides rejected the targeting of innocent Muslim civilians. Al Qaeda in Iraq had to admit that their indiscriminate terror campaign made them "look like a bunch of dicks."
- Osama bin Laden got his left nut caught in the zipper of some designer jeans when he was 13 years old. His first attempt at wearing western clothes in order to impress a girl would be his last. He became radically anti-Western as a result of the fiasco. The worst part was, in Islam, the left nut is considered the unclean nut, adding to bin Laden's humiliation.
- Tim McVeigh turns himself over to authorities after the Oklahoma City bombing because of his outrage that "Muslims were getting credit for the work of a white man."
- Earnest Byner fumbled on the Denver three-yard line with a minute to go in the 1988 AFC Championship game. Byner would play a few more years in the NFL. He then moved to Bilbao and joined the ETA.