Saturday, May 02, 2009

Hatton - Pacquiao

This is a tough one for me. I'm not sure who to root for. Manny Pacquiao is smaller. That's a check in his corner. He was an unabashed underdog against Oscar de la Hoya and thrilled viewers with a dominating performance. Another check.

For some reason, Pacquiao is an overwhelming favorite this time around. That's a check for Hatton. When I first heard the pairing I figured Pacquiao's streak in video game-like matchups was over. Hatton's in his prime. 140 is his usual weight. He's the best in the world at that weight. Pacquiao may have bit off more than he could chew.

Not that Pacquiao couldn't win. I was hoping he would and pull off an even more impressive upset. But now, as stated above, Pacquiao isn't the underdog. Hatton has another check in that his hot fiancée is taller than him.

Maybe I'll just root for an exciting fight and that no one gets hurt. Actually, I'm rooting for being able to watch it for free on the internet.

1 comment:

knibilnats said...

wow, pacquiao beat the hell out of him