Sunday, March 08, 2009

Terrell Owens to Buffalo

I've always defended Terrell Owens. Apparently, he reads the blog and has thanked me by signing with Buffalo.

Sports writers take pride in denigrating Owens' personality. Sports writers are the most oblivious people in the world. Owens knows it's a show. Anything he says becomes news. He plays with that fact. Chad Ocho Cinco is the same way. These guys have never done anything wrong. They're just really good at catching a weirdly shaped ball and they have fun with the fact that everyone takes it so seriously.

When I read that several teams were interested in Owens, I figured Buffalo was not one of them. The Bills rarely make splashes. When I heard of the signing, after getting over the initial surprise, I became thrilled. This might be a chance for Owens to escape into obscurity and thrive on the field. Plus, he's exactly what the Bills need, a star possession receiver with big play ability.

Owens doesn't need to be "a good boy" or to "behave," the Bills just need to not take him so seriously and the postseason will finally come.

No comments: