Sunday, March 22, 2009

Recap of the Thrilling 32

Saturday went well. I predicted 7 out of 8 before the Tournament started. Purdue beat Washington, which I didn't expect, but I had Washington bowing out in the Sweet 16, so not a big loss.

Villanova's win over American seemed to make them a better team as they threw the ball into the post to get by UCLA. Gonzaga outlasted a game Western Kentucky team. Perhaps Western Kentucky will join the Gonzagas and Butlers of the world as a perennial at large team. We mid majors could use another one.

Today was not as fortuitous for me. I only predicted 3 out of 8 correctly. I didn't even have a shot in 4 of them. The only one I had a chance at that didn't go my way was USC, who posted a nice effort against the victorious Michigan State Spartans. The Midwest is the region that has killed me. I got 5 out of 8 correct in the first round (which was my score for every region coincidently) and only 2 right in the second. Both of my predicted Elite 8 team left in the first round.

In every other region, all of my Elite 8 teams are still alive. I picked Pitt to go to the championship game, but they've worried me. Fields is clearly not 100% and it seems to be affecting the team negatively.

After laying on the couch for 4 days straight, I finally have a chance to engage with the world again... or at least get some fresh air every once in a while. Maybe not fresh, but air, I will get some air tomorrow.

No comments: