Friday, March 27, 2009

Leaving My Mark

Since I've taken over the country, things have gone really well. For me at least. Hey, the National Day of Burning Vegetables (NDBV) was a resounding success!

If I want to legitimize my rule, I need to leave an imprint on my nation's culture.

Today's decrees
The food that Jewish people ate when they weren't eating Jewish food used to be Italian. Over the last few decades that food has shifted to Chinese. Chinese food has had a nice run, but it's become cliché. The new cuisine that Jewish people will eat when they're not eating Jewish food will be... Indian food.

I hereby decree that Crucifixes will now be referred to as "those funny looking T's that they wear on their necklaces."

The nation will fall in love with Welcome Back, Kotter all over again.

Parenting classes will consist of watching episodes on the Cosby Show and will be mandatory for prospective parents.

The word "dude" is now a slur against the people of my nation.

Every fourth baby born will be named after me.

2 comments:

John said...

Really? A full quarter of a generation?

knibilnats said...

just one generation?

great, just what i need, the coups are already being plotted