Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Technology is Wonderful

Isn't technology a wonderful thing? I recently got a video game, NBA 2K9. I was excited to play it. I installed it. But for the life of me I couldn't find the CD key, so I still can't activate it. Maybe I left a piece of paper with that information back at my mother's house. Otherwise, I'm shit out of luck. I remember when we didn't need CD keys to play video games. You'd just blow on Mike Tyson's Punchout, stick it in, and knock that Glassjaw guy the fuck out.

My phone doesn't have a camera in it. It can't play music. It does have the internet, but it's pretty much just me calling my brother and asking him to look something up for me. The cell phone is a great invention because anyone can reach you at any moment. Of course, there is a downside. Anyone can reach you at any moment. If you're anything like me, the opportunity for a socially awkward moment has magnified exponentially.

Tonight, the washing machine went crazy. Maybe I put too many clothes in it at once. My clothes were soaked. When I put them in the dryer, the dryer had other ideas. So that didn't work. I tried to lighten the load and it turned on. But we'll see what happens. Hopefully, I won't burn down the neighborhood.

But the internet is a great apparatus. Without it, you wouldn't have been able to read this post or witness the murder of Daniel Pearl.

Obama, you better fix all this shit!

No comments: