Thursday, December 11, 2008

Holiday Lunch

Last weekend, my work had a holiday lunch at a Chinese restaurant. At one point, I stood up to try to reach a dish in the middle of the table, but when I realized that I couldn't reach it, I swung my arm back. My elbow happened to hit my glass of water which spilled on one of my bosses- the only one who likes me. The glass shattered in half.

During the lunch it came out that I'm a Jew because I didn't eat one of the pork dishes. Later, one of my bosses, the wet one, gave the tutors their holiday cards. He said "I bought Christmas cards. Sorry, I should've known." I told him it was no problem.

When I got to my car, I opened the card. Inside was my Christmas bonus and a message written by one of my bosses about my performance as a tutor and my value to the company.

The message read: Thanks for not fucking the children.

No comments: