Thursday, November 27, 2008

Pat Robertson on Black Friday

I used to watch the 700 Club in college. I'm not a fan of horror movies, so I watched the 700 Club instead. I've since grown out of that phase. However, I was flipping through the channels last night and stopped on the show just for a moment.

Standing next to a black woman, Pat Robertson ranted about Black Friday. He understood why they called it Black Friday, because the day often puts companies into the black as opposed to the red. But he still didn't like the name. He felt that "black" was somber. It was evil. You could see the woman's insides collapse when she heard those words. She managed to skillfully shrug it off, as black people are accustomed to having to do.

Instead of Black Friday, Pat Robertson suggested Rosie Friday. Even though I don't agree with his characterization of the word black being associated with evil, I like the idea. It's about time Rosie O'Donnell had a day named after her.

Pat Robertson, saying racist shit since the 1930s. But. Pat Robertson, supporting gay rights since last night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love black friday. I did some research, and have all of my shopping preplanned to maximize savings! You would be surprised what kind of deals are out there, if you search for them.

Black Friday Sales of a Lifetime 2008