Saturday, October 11, 2008

McCain and the Economy

The economy has hit a bit of a downturn. I make a few hundred dollars a month and I have now become the richest man in America. Ladies, I'm waiting for your call.

John McCain doesn't see it that way however. It's called leadership. A leader must be optimistic, even if that requires lying to his followers. George W. Bush perfected this trait. McCain is following nicely in his footsteps. In January, McCain told the American people, "I don’t believe we’re headed into a recession. I believe the fundamentals of this economy are strong and I believe they will remain strong."

In this regard, McCain is something of a savant. Every economic "expert" in existence believes the economy is either in a recession or worse. Only McCain has the insight to see differently. In fact, as late as last month, McCain reiterated, "The fundamentals of the economy are strong." But the great thing about McCain is not simply that he is a genius. He is also incredibly modest.

Last year, McCain mentioned, "The issue of economics is not something I’ve understood as well as I should." Oh really, Einstein? I must respectfully disagree. McCain is even more humble than he is brilliant.

You see, some men see things as they are and say 'why?' John McCain sees things that aren't and says 'The fundamentals of the economy are strong.'

No comments: