Monday, June 23, 2008

Top 10 NBA Players

Top 10 NBA Players Now
While this list consists of the top 10 players now, the past is taken to account, but it is not a list of the best players who happen to be active. In parentheses is the player's previous rank posted on February 13.

# David (PR) - Mike (Previous Rank)
1. Kobe (1) - Kobe (3)
2. LeBron (2) - LeBron (1)
3. Duncan (4) - Garnett (2)
4. Nash (3) - Duncan (7)
5. Garnett (5) - Paul (6)
6. Billups (8) - Nash (5)
7. T. Parker (10) - Dirk (4)
8. Dirk (9) - Pierce (NR)
9. Paul (NR) - Wade (NR)
10. Kidd (6) - Camby (NR)

Top 10 NBA Careers Among Active Players
This is a list of the best active players taking into account their entire careers. Eligible players must have played during the 2007-2008 season. This is the first time we've done a list of this sort.

# David - Mike
1. Shaq - Shaq
2. Duncan - Duncan
3. Kidd - Kobe
4. Kobe - Garnett
5. Garnett - Iverson
6. Iverson - Kidd
7. Nash - T. Parker
8. Dirk - Billups
9. LeBron - Wade
10. Webber - Dirk


Top 10 NBA Franchise Players
This list is about which players you would pick to start a franchise. They must have played in an NBA game. We have not made a list of this sort before.

# David - Mike
1. LeBron - LeBron
2. Kobe - Kobe
3. Paul - Paul
4. D. Howard - D. Howard
5. T. Parker - D. Williams
6. D. Williams - Durant
7. Duncan - Wade
8. J. Smith - Anthony
9. Bosh - J. Smith
10. Prince - A. Stoudemire

Of course we have disagreements, which come across in our lists. I must say I have a bone to pick with one aspect of Mike's lists. I respect his view on the game and appreciate him for taking the time to make the lists.

But I don't understand how Mike has Tony Parker #7 on the career list, but not on the list of best players now. Parker recently turned 26 (he's a few months younger than me) and is just now hitting his prime. But somehow he has had a better career than Paul Pierce, Dirk Nowitzki, Steve Nash, and Marcus Camby, even though they are deemed better than him now. I just can't wrap my head around that. Obviously, I think Parker is great, he's #7 on my list of best players now and #5 on my list of franchise players. But even I think Pierce has had a better career thus far than Parker, Dirk and Nash made my top 10 career list while Parker did not, and I might even have Camby higher than Parker (maybe). The two lists don't seem to gel on that point.

No comments: