Sunday, May 11, 2008

Defensive About the New Knicks Coach

Mike D'Antoni is the new Knicks coach. He's a good coach and the Knicks can expect to find more success than under Isiah Thomas.

I've learned to cope with the Knicks terrible play and unlikable players. The Knicks swiss cheese defense doesn't bother me as much, all things considered. But if the Knicks become a good team, thanks to D'Antoni's genius, and suffer playoff heartbreak because of poor defense, I might just have to end things. I just wouldn't be able to deal with that. I'm a defensive guy. Give me the 1990s Knicks over the 2000s Suns any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

I'm also wondering, where are the players on the Knicks' roster to run D'Antoni's offense? Because of their ridiculous contracts, the Knicks aren't able to get anyone worth a damn to run it. Is D'Antoni just taking the money and running, leaving the Knicks in worse shape? As you can see, I'm not sold on this coaching move quite yet.

I was hoping the Knicks would have promoted Herb Williams. If not, Avery Johnson would've been a good choice. I think Mark Jackson will be a good coach, but not getting this job might be the best thing that could happen to him. Plus, he's a good announcer. The dream of all dreams would have been Jeff Van Gundy, but he's too smart to take the Knicks job now.

No comments: