Friday, February 08, 2008

My Dreams

The Torah says that because we believe in the lord, therefore our noblest dreams are not absurd. That got me thinking about people who have lived out my dreams.

Bill Bradley - He lived out my dream of winning two championships with the New York Knicks and then running a failed leftist campaign for the presidency.

Roberto Clemente - He lived out my dream of being a great baseball player and dying a hero. In 1972, he garnered the historical 3,000th hit of his baseball career. In the offseason, his plane crashed when he flew to Nicaragua to help the victims of a devastating earthquake.

Officer R.L. Hancock of Virginia - I've lived out his dream of not being a douchebag.

Bill Cosby, Jerry Seinfeld, Jon Stewart, Dave Chappelle, and David Letterman - They lived out my dream of making people laugh.

Dick Cheney - He lived out my dream of shooting a gentile in the face.

No comments: