Saturday, January 05, 2008

NFL Predictions

My goal has always been to predict an entire playoffs in any sport exactly correct (excludng the scores). Just once in my life!

Wild Card Round
Seattle 27-14 Washington
NY Giants 28-16 Tampa Bay
San Diego 24-17 Tennessee
Jacksonville 14-9 Pittsburgh

Divisional Round
Dallas 31-21 NY Giants
Green Bay 34-22 Seattle
New England 12-7 Jacksonville
Indianapolis 28-20 San Diego

Conference Championship
Dallas 31-10 Green Bay
New England 24-21 Indianapolis

Super Bowl XLII
New England 21-17 Dallas

I really want the Patriots to lose, but I went the conservative route with these predictions. In the AFC, San Diego is poised to surprise some people, especially if they face the Colts, who are weaker than the team the Chargers beat earlier in the year. I just can't put my faith in Norv Turner and Phillip Rivers is too inconsistent. Jacksonville is very good. They have a tough multi-dimensional running game, a hard-nosed defense, and an efficient QB. I was tempted to pick them to go all the way, but I don't see them winning in New England.

In the NFC, Seattle is the sleeper. I would've picked them in Dallas, but if they win, they play in Green Bay. Not an enviable challenge. The Giants are a team that could go on a roll all the way to the Super Bowl or they could fall flat in the first game. I'm predicting somewhere in between.

No comments: