Saturday, July 07, 2007

My 7 Wonders of the World

1. Great Wall of China - Beijing China. The combination of scenic beauty and lengthy history (albeit a history of division) made it an emotional experience.

2. Yankee Stadium - Bronx, New York, USA. "Wow, Babe Ruth played right there. Mickey Mantle and Joe DiMaggio played over there. Lou Gehrig was right over here. Yogi Berra squated right there." I could see them. I was fortunate enough to go to Yankee Stadium with my grandpa and my brother on several occasions, but I'll never forget the first time I went. Beofre the Nats, I was an avid braves afan and Greg Maddox beat Doc Gooden 2-0. Ryan Klesko hammered a 2-run homer.

3. Steps of the Philadelphia art museum - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA. The steps Rocky ran up.

4. Auschwitz-Birkenau - Oswiecim, Poland. The first three wonders moved me in a similar way. Birkenau elicited strong emotions from me in a profound way, but they were obviously very different feelings than the previous three.

5. Lotus Mahal - Hampi, India. A beautiful symbol of Hindu-Muslim unity located in the royla center of the former Vijayanagara Empire.

6. Banya Bashi Mosque and Central Sofia Syangogue - They're located across the street from each other and represent tolerance between Muslims and Jews.

7. My dingaling - right now, Maryland, USA

No comments: