Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Wrath

I hate people who use the word 'literally' incorrectly. I literally hate them! I'm usually not a grammar snob, but something about that just really pisses me off. And yes, I hate people who do that, not just that they do it. I was taught to hate the sinner more than sin.

People use 'literally' instead of 'very' or 'really.' The might say, "I was literally hungry before I ate dinner." Were you, asshole? The only thing worse than pretentiousness is pretentious idiocy. Well, that and the Holocaust. The other way people use 'literally' is in what I call the I'm-a-fucking-waste-of-humanity tense. These moronic turds say things such as, "My life was literally on the line." No it wasn't retard. Your 'life being on the line' is a figure of speech, which is actually the opposite of being literal. In reality, your life was figuratively on the line fucknuts. You can literally be on a line, but your life doesn't have that ability.

Newscasters and journalists participate in the fallacy the most, which is a total abomination. These people are supposed to know what the fuck they're talking about. But I guess that's too much to ask for now. The era of intellectual journalism has literally flown by the wayside. I wish I could literally stick their penises in an open bible and then slam it down. I guess there are female newscasters now too and some of them probably use 'literally' incorrectly. I don't wish them any physical harm, but I'll just watch as society destroys their sense of self.

Incorrect usage of the word 'literally' must stop. We live in such a stupid country if certain words are used in the exact opposite fashion. If we lived in a more civilized society, people like this would be stoned to death. I am calling for a change towards that type of society. It's time to take action. Soon you'll literally feel my wrath.

No comments: