Tuesday, May 22, 2007

My Ass Burns

I just realized that instead of walking 3-plus miles in 90-100 degree heat, carrying my heavy bag on my back, and being very thirty, I could have taken an auto-rickshaw for about a buck. Of course. But those auto-rickshaws are everywhere here in Bangalore (Mumbai has banned them from entering the city proper). They clog the streets and make the pollution really bad. Imagine someone smoking in your face constantly; it feels like that.

I dropped my CD player in the toilet. I think it's broken now. It's an old CD player that I've already had to fix once, the Jew way, which is to say I slapped it repeatedly while yelling obsenities. Works more than you gentiles might think.

John McCain pledged to follow Osama to the gates of hell. Well he might be going up my ass soon, because my tukhus hole burns. I have diarrhea. I'm not proud of it. Maybe because of it, I've been going to American joints to eat of late. The KFC and Pizza Hut are hip trendy places here, where the cutting-edge youth hang out. My brother never believes me when I tell him that Pizza Hut is a fancy restaurant outside of America. I went to the Ruby Tuesdays today, even though it was on my shit list. I guess I only vowed never to go back there in America. I had a crab cake sandwich, which was good, but not Maryland good.

The book I'm reading is by Michael Parenti and is on Yugloslavia. He denies that a genocide took place and apologizes for the Serbs' actions, very unconvincingly I might add. Maybe different disciplines have different standards, but his use of sources in outrageous. He uses secondary sources to prove points. Just cuz some other leftist nut-job agrees with you doesn't make it a fact. Any quote he takes by Bill Clinton or somone like that usually has several "..." and is clearly out of context. That's partly why I bought Musharraf's autobiography for about a buck and a half. I love shit like that: buying the president of Pakistan's autobiography in India; it doesn't make any sense. And even bootleg book vendor sells that book for some reason. I have a novel situated in India with me, but for some reason I'd rather read a bad non-fiction book over a good fiction book any time. I think Dave Chappelle said it best: I guess real life is just more interesting than fake life.

They had chess on the sports channel. Anything where you can participate while wearing a suit and drinking a glass of wine is not a sport. I don't think I've mentioned it, but they love cricket over here. LOVE IT! I've watched a lot of it on tv. I think I understand most of it. It's ok.

No comments: