Saturday, March 17, 2007

NCAA Tournament, Day 2

Miami got out to a quick 9-0 lead against Oregon. The next 20 points were scored by the Ducks. Miami didn't put the ball through the basket for about 10 minutes of game play. But the RedHawks never quit. They managed to cut the lead and keep the game close through much of the second half. Towards the end of the game, Oregon jumped back to an 11-point lead thanks to Brooks. Miami scored the next 10 points. The Hawks were down 3 with just seconds to play. Bramos threw up a three and it hit the front iron and fell off. After two Oregon free throws, Bramos launched the ball from beyond halfcourt and it went in to cut the final deficit to two.

Miami controlled tempo through much of the game. They came back from two 11-point deficits. While it's a disappointing result, I'm proud of the fellas. Politz and Bramos are coming back next year and the team will hopefully be up at the ends of games next season.

Virginia was beating Albany handily. With about 17 minutes to go I decided to predict what number Virginia could stop at and still win the game. 59 came into my head. I decided Albany was going to score 58 and Virginia needed 59. I was wrong, Albany ended 57 points.

I finished the first round 23-9. On Day 2 I lost one Elite 8 team, Notre Dame. I have 4 Sweet 16 teams out. Not so good.

No comments: