Wednesday, March 07, 2007

My Men's College Basketball Teams

Georgetown - The Hoyas are the hometown team and mom teaches at the medical school. if they win the Big East Tournament they should get a #1 seed in the East in the big tournament. Got it? Center Roy Hibbard has something no other player from a contending school has: a 7'2" stature. Throw in the all-around expertise and experience of 6'9" forward Jeff Green, the good play of Jonathan Wallace, and the bench led by the energetic Patrick Ewing Jr. and the Hoyas are my choice for champ.

George Mason - My grad school. The Patriots followed their Final Four trip its worst season in a decade. Gabe Norwood was the only senior who got playing time. He was a nice role player, but it was far from the three senior leaders of last year. Next year Folarin Campbell, Will Thomas, and Monroe will be seniors and the team's record will be much better than 18-15. Jordan Carter and Dre Smith will probably be starters from the beginning and GMU should get off to a good start. Mason will probably get an NIT bid this year.

Miami (OH) - My brother's school. Still could win the MAC tournament. I didn't get to watch the Red Hawks this year, but it seems Charley Coles recruits these very athletic guys and then squanders the strength of their game by playing this slow-down offense. Peavy had a good year from what I understand. I'm just thankful that my brother graduated and I never have to drive down windy Route 27 fearing for my life that one of the local yokels from Hamilton with their red Klan candles in their windows will, well... you know.

Goucher - My college. The Division III Gophers struggled this season. At least it was better than last year. When 7-18 is an improvement, it might be time for a change at coach.

In other news:
The CAA should at least be a 2-bid league. Not only was it a Final Four conference last year, but ODU and Drexel deserve to make it this year. Both have good records which result in good RPIs. ODU beat Georgetown at Georgetown. Drexel has 14 true road wins and has beaten some tournament teams as well.

No comments: