Thursday, February 01, 2007

My 2nd Anniversary

Every once in a while there is a person who impacts the world above and beyond everyone else. It can come in the form of a man writing a blog. In this blog he can inspire through his words. Expose the ridiculousness of the world's most serious issues. Provide humor in the face of tragedy. Challenge his own people through tough love. Question the conventional perception and use of history. Force his readers to question their own fundamental assumptions and even their values. And spread knowledge like the flu. On the 2nd Anniversary of my blog, I am confident in claiming that this description in no way reflects me or my work. But I've had fun writing despite having absolutely no impact on anyone.

3 comments:

AnonymousBlogger said...

Two years? Congrats on that.

Go celebrate by buying yourself an expensive pair of jeans!

John said...

2 years is a great milestone, my man. You're no longer a lightweight. Just think of it...you've lasted with your blog longer than most marriages!

Anonymous said...

"...But I've had fun writing despite having absolutely no impact on anyone..."

Lies! You've had an impact on me. You give me a daily chuckle, and inform me about current and past affairs... more so than some of the mainstream media channels!

I must admit, however, that I usually don't read any of the sports stuff. I just skip that. And back when we used to play Trivial Pursuit, like, every weekend, I would always hope you'd be on my team to answer the green questions. So keep up the good work with the sports analysis, but I don't read it.

By the way, Congratulations!! Two years already?!?!? My, my, how time flies!