Sunday, October 15, 2006

The Prayoffs, Game 4

I gave it my all and in the end I just came up short. I finished the Baltimore marathon in 4:25:19, which is a personal best, but short of the my goal of under 4 hours. Pat Robertson effectively prayed for my failure. As a result, he has taken a 2-1 lead in our best of 7 prayoff series.

I ran the first 10 miles in 1:22 and my halfway split time was 1:50. But I ran the second half of the marathon in 2:35, ending my chance at victory. I will offer no excuses. My G-d didn't come through; Pat Robertson's did, that's all I can say.

Pat Robertson won, no doubt about it. But did he have to pray for my taint to feel like it was on fire? Ugh, it's better today, but my leg muscles are still very tight. I'd like to thank my friend Maggie for lending me her place for the day.

Game 4
I will pray that the Democrats take back the Congress in the 2006 election; Pat Robertson will pray that the Republicans will keep the Congress (or 1 House and a tie in the other for either of us). In the event of a split congress, the tie-breaker will be the Maryland governor's race. (Pat Robertson wins in that event that incumbent Republican Governor Robert Ehrlich retains his position, and I tie the series if Democratic candidate Martin O'Malley wins.)

Recap
Game 1: Pat Robertson's prayers for Fidel Castro's death didn't come into fruition in the allotted time. Me 1-0.

Game 2: Pat Robertson was able to pray to his bigoted lord for my romantic loneliness, for 2 weeks anyway. Series tied 1-1.

Game 3: My Jew G-d didn't help me run the Baltimore marathon in under 4 hours. Pat Robertson 2-1.

No comments: